Last Friday, Polish extreme metal overlords BEHEMOTH celebrated the release of their new album, Opvs Contra Natvram, basking in critical acclaim from media, fans and tastemakers all over the world. The band crown their 30+ year career’s most recent milestone with a new video that perfectly reflects the dark, menacing atmosphere created by the album’s closing track, Versvs Christvs – a riveting piece of work, featuring piano and clean vocals.
BEHEMOTH‘s leader and artistic alchemist, Adam ‘Nergal’ Darski, informs: “Legions! Thank you for the amazing response to the new record! Wow! It feels extremely validating and liberating to have you with us. And now we present the crown jewel, Versvs Christvs. This video was our first time working the amazing director Agata Alexander, an LA dwelling Pole whose vision and execution created this spectacular result. A special shout-out to our friends at Grupa 13 who assisted on the production. Feast your eyes on this, Legions!”
The band’s 12th studio collection is a stark reminder of the rebellion, individuality and unflinching self-expression that BEHEMOTH‘s phenomenal work inbues, shaped by a literary worldview. It also reflects a musical evolution, as there’s little doubt that Opvs Contra Natvram is BEHEMOTH‘s strongest and most sophisticated musical collection to date.
Last Thursday, BEHEMOTH unveiled a celebratory visual feast to herald the album’s arrival, titled Opvs Contra Cvltvram; a streaming event shot on the roof of Warsaw’s renowned Palace of Culture & Science. The event is still available to watch via the band’s YouTube channel.
Alongside the album release, BEHEMOTH dropped a wretched yet addictive pocket game together with Spotify, operable on mobile or desktop, that you can explore here: game.behemoth.pl. Users must endeavour to keep the virtual cross balanced for as long as possible – take your eyes off the game for a second and it’s game over. Top scoring participants have the chance to win a pair of tickets for BEHEMOTH‘s upcoming The European Siege tour together with ARCH ENEMY, CARCASS and UNTO OTHERS in a city of their choice.
Opvs Contra Natvram features twin cover art available in both black and white and will be released in the following array of physical formats, sure to thrill collectors of limited editions:
- Jewelcase CD (Black Cover)
- Digibook (Black Cover) [limited to 8500 pieces]
- Digibook (White Cover) [limited to 8500 pieces]
- Earbook Black/Gold Inkspot Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 500 pieces]
- Earbook Gold/Black Corona Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 500 pieces]
- Black Vinyl (Black Cover)
- Picture Vinyl (Black Cover) [limited to 3500 pieces]
- White/Gold Split Vinyl (White Cover) [limited to 650 pieces]
- Vinylbox Mailorder Edition (White Cover) [limited to 1000 pieces] – LAST FEW
- Earbook (Black Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 1167 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- Gold Vinyl (Black Cover) [US Indie exclusive, limited to 350 pieces]
- Crystal Clear/Silver/Gold Inkspot Vinyl (White Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 666 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- White/Black/Gold Splatter Vinyl (White Cover) [band exclusive, limited to 1167 pieces] – SOLD OUT!
- Transparent Red Vinyl (Black Cover) [EMP exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- White Vinyl (White Cover) [Nordics exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
- Clear/Black Splatter Vinyl (Black Cover) [Kings Road Management exclusive, limited to 500 pieces]
- White/Gold Marbled Vinyl (White Cover) [UK Indies exclusive, limited to 300 pieces]
Clear/Black Marbled Vinyl (Black Cover) [HMV exclusive, limited to 450 exclusive]
- 29.09. UK Glasgow – O2 Academy
- 30.09. UK Manchester – O2 Apollo
- 01.10. UK Birmingham – O2 Academy
- 02.10. UK London – O2 Academy Brixton